Send me a card :)

If anyone reading this blog would like to send me a postcard, I would love it. Email me to get my address at: ashdepo@yahoo.com
Touristy postcards that show me your country, or city, or something significant about where you live are my favorite. If you would like one back, email me your address and I will be glad to send you from Minnesota USA as well.

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Virunga National Park

I was super excited when I found out that I was receiving this postcard as part of a direct swap on Facebook. Getting a postcard from Congo is a big deal, as I think it is pretty hard to get one. I am not sure how the person who sent it to me received it, but was super excited when she said she was sending it to me. :]

The picture on the postcard is of Mount Mikeno. Mount Mikeno in Virunga National Park is home to approzimately 200 critically endangered mountain gorillas. Visitors may spend a full hour with one of the 5 habitated gorilla families. To learn more about this, go to: www.visitvirunga.org

After visiting the website, and learning more about this place, I really want to go, even though the country is a very much in turmoil. Maybe someday I will get a chance to visit this national park.

No comments:

Post a Comment