Send me a card :)

If anyone reading this blog would like to send me a postcard, I would love it. Email me to get my address at: ashdepo@yahoo.com
Touristy postcards that show me your country, or city, or something significant about where you live are my favorite. If you would like one back, email me your address and I will be glad to send you from Minnesota USA as well.

Friday, July 1, 2011

South Carolina

I have 3 postcards from South Carolina so far in my collection. The first one is of St. Helena's Episcopal Church in Beaufort. It was built in 1724, rebuilt in 1817 and remodeled in 1842. Federal troops used the church as a hospital during the Civil War. Tombstones were used as operating tables. The church was restored in 1999. It is one of the oldest churches in America.


This one is of Round-O on the 4th of July. The small community is located near Walterboro. The name "Round-O" began soon after 1709 when Englishmen started trading with an old Indian who had a round, purple medallion tattooed on his chest in the shape of an "O". Several later generations of Indians continued to have the "O" tattooed on their chest.


This last one just shows various sites of Charleston.

No comments:

Post a Comment