Send me a card :)

If anyone reading this blog would like to send me a postcard, I would love it. Email me to get my address at: ashdepo@yahoo.com
Touristy postcards that show me your country, or city, or something significant about where you live are my favorite. If you would like one back, email me your address and I will be glad to send you from Minnesota USA as well.

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Piney Point Lighthouse

I received this postcard today in the mail as an official postcrossing postcard. It is of Piney Point Lighthouse in Maryland. It is the olderst of the 11 lighthouse originally built on the Potomac River,and one of the only 4 remaining. The 35 foot brick tower was built in 1836 by John Donahoo and was in operation until 1964. Now operated by the St. Mary's County Department of Recreation and Parks Museum Division, visitors are welcome to walk the grounds 7 days a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment