Send me a card :)

If anyone reading this blog would like to send me a postcard, I would love it. Email me to get my address at: ashdepo@yahoo.com
Touristy postcards that show me your country, or city, or something significant about where you live are my favorite. If you would like one back, email me your address and I will be glad to send you from Minnesota USA as well.

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Ottawa

I received a postcard today from Ottawa Canada. It was the 3 one in a 3 card swap with Jennifer from Facebook. This card depicts Canada Day celebrations. Canada as we know it has only been celebrated for 23 years, since 1982, when it replaced Dominion Day, which was established by statue in 1879. Canada Day celebrates the creation of the Dominion of Canada through the British North America Act on July 1, 1867, uniting three British territories-the Province of Canada, (made up of Canada East and Canada West), Nova Scotia, and New Brunswick-into a federation, consisting of the provinces Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Ontario and Quebec.

No comments:

Post a Comment