Send me a card :)

If anyone reading this blog would like to send me a postcard, I would love it. Email me to get my address at: ashdepo@yahoo.com
Touristy postcards that show me your country, or city, or something significant about where you live are my favorite. If you would like one back, email me your address and I will be glad to send you from Minnesota USA as well.

Friday, July 15, 2011

Bangkok

I received a postcard through a direct swap on Facebook yesterday that depicts The Temple of Dawn in Bangkok Thailand. I was super excited as Bangkok was where one of my favorite movies took place (Hangover II) and I did not have one from this part of Thailand yet. :]  "It is believed that after fighting his way out of Ayutthaya, which was besigned by a Burmese army at the time, King Taksin arrived at this temple just as dawn was breaking. He later had the temple renovated and renamed it Wat Chaeng, the Temple of the Dawn. During his reign (Thonburi Period), Wat Chaeng was the chief temple, and it once enshrined the Emerald Buddha and another important Buddha image, the Phra Bang, both of which had been removed." (information obtained from: http://www.bangkok.com/attraction-temple/wat-arun.htm)

No comments:

Post a Comment