Send me a card :)

If anyone reading this blog would like to send me a postcard, I would love it. Email me to get my address at: ashdepo@yahoo.com
Touristy postcards that show me your country, or city, or something significant about where you live are my favorite. If you would like one back, email me your address and I will be glad to send you from Minnesota USA as well.

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Minnesota-Recently found cards

Today I took a trip to Mall of America (the largest mall in the USA is about 15 minutes from my house) and found some great postcards to add to my collection.

This first one was one that I had been looking for quite a while. It is of Saint Anthony's Falls in Minneapolis and ended up having to send the one I had in my collection as part of a direct swap b/c where I had been getting them from no longer had them.


This next postcard is of Lake Minnetonka, which is located just 15 miles west of downtown Minneapolis. It is the largest lake in the metropolitan area.


This next one is of the Minneapolis Sculpture Garden. It has more than 40 larger-than-life sculptures in it. The Spoonbridge and Cherry, pictured here, is just under 30 feet high by 52 feet long. It is probably the most notable sculpture in the Twin Cities area.


This next card is of the Target Center in Minneapolis. It is home of the Minnesota Timberwolves basketball team. It is a major sports and culture event facility in downtown Minneapolis. It hosts ice shows, concerts, and other attractions.


This next card is the Mississippi headwaters located in northern Minnesota. Lake Itasca is the source of the Mississippi River.



This next card is the Hennepin County Municipal Building in Minneapolis.

No comments:

Post a Comment