Send me a card :)

If anyone reading this blog would like to send me a postcard, I would love it. Email me to get my address at: ashdepo@yahoo.com
Touristy postcards that show me your country, or city, or something significant about where you live are my favorite. If you would like one back, email me your address and I will be glad to send you from Minnesota USA as well.

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Georgia places

The Grist Mill- Typical old mill was used to grind corn into meal for past two centuries. It has been carefully rebuilt and transported from mountains near Ellijay to new site in Stone Mountain Park. The millstones are powered by a water wheel 138 ft. in diameter which turns 20 times a minute.

Stone Mountain, 16 miles from Atlanta. Stone Mountain, the world's greatest monolith, may properly be called "Eighth Wonder of the World". This huge rock has over 16,000,000,000 cubic feet of exposed granite. It is seven miles around the base and seven hundred feet higher than the surrounding plain, 1,600 feet above the sea level. It may be reached by train, trolley or automobile road. Confederate Memorial is now being carved on the Mountain Side.

Stone Mountain

No comments:

Post a Comment