Send me a card :)

If anyone reading this blog would like to send me a postcard, I would love it. Email me to get my address at: ashdepo@yahoo.com
Touristy postcards that show me your country, or city, or something significant about where you live are my favorite. If you would like one back, email me your address and I will be glad to send you from Minnesota USA as well.

Thursday, May 14, 2015

Civil War

Union gun crew dressed in genuine uniforms of Artillery at beginning of the War between the States, prepare to fire a "captured" Confederate cannon of the Civil War. Cannon is a bronze 12 lb. smoothbore made in Macon, GA., 1863. This gun crew call themselves "Living History of Washington County, Md." and stage battle reenactments several times a year to interest the visitors of various battlefields, at Antietam, and South Mountain in Maryland and Harper's Ferry, and Bolivar Hgts, in W. Va. The N.Y. State monument can be seen in the background. The cannon in foreground is part of the permanent exhibit on the battlefield.



No comments:

Post a Comment