Send me a card :)

If anyone reading this blog would like to send me a postcard, I would love it. Email me to get my address at: ashdepo@yahoo.com
Touristy postcards that show me your country, or city, or something significant about where you live are my favorite. If you would like one back, email me your address and I will be glad to send you from Minnesota USA as well.

Friday, August 26, 2011

North Carolina

I received quite a few postcards about a week ago through a direct swap on Facebook.

The first one is of Mt. Mitchell, which rises 6,684 ft and is the highest peak east of the Mississippi River.


This next card tells how the nickname "Tar Heels" came to be.


This next card depicts the Ericsson Stadium in Charlotte, which is the home of the Carolina Panthers.


This next card depicts Pisgah National Forest. Unique plant communities and waterfalls are found in secluded areas of the Pisgah National Forest, which also offers a wide variety of recreational activities from mountain climbing to whitewater rafting.


This next card is of the Blue Ridge Parkway, which was designed for motor recreation and is administered by the National Park Service. The parkway traverses the Appalachian Mountain chain from the Shenandoah National Park in Virgina to the Great Smokies in North Carolina. Extending 469 miles, the parkway encompasses many different environments that embrace Mother Nature's finest creations.

No comments:

Post a Comment