Send me a card :)

If anyone reading this blog would like to send me a postcard, I would love it. Email me to get my address at: ashdepo@yahoo.com
Touristy postcards that show me your country, or city, or something significant about where you live are my favorite. If you would like one back, email me your address and I will be glad to send you from Minnesota USA as well.

Saturday, August 27, 2011

2011 State Fair

I bought this postcard today at the Minnesota State Fair. They had ones from years back as well there, but had limited time to look. It runs from August 25th to September 5, 2011 this year.

Eight in a series of original art created exclusively for the State Fair, Minnesota artist Steve Thomas captures iconic elements of the fair in a style reminiscent of advertisting art and vitage travel posters from the mid-20th century. He was selected as the official 2011 artist in the State Fair's first-ever Commemorative Art Call for Submissions. This piece supports the mission of the Minnesota State Fair Foundation 501(c)(3) to preserve and improve the historic Minnesota State Fairgrounds. Visit www.msffoundation.org for more information and to purchase commemorative artwork and mechandise.

No comments:

Post a Comment