Send me a card :)

If anyone reading this blog would like to send me a postcard, I would love it. Email me to get my address at: ashdepo@yahoo.com
Touristy postcards that show me your country, or city, or something significant about where you live are my favorite. If you would like one back, email me your address and I will be glad to send you from Minnesota USA as well.

Saturday, May 27, 2017

Auschwitz I

I got this pack of postcards at the bookstore/gift shop at Auschwitz I. I found it quite strange that they have a gift shop at a concentration camp. This first picture is of the outside of the pack of postcards. I have never been to a place that has touched me more in my travels.

A lamp at the entrance to one of the blocks of prisoners.

The camp security system-a double row of electrified barbed wire and a guard tower.

A notice outside the camp fence warning against electrified barbed wire.

The main camp gate with the inscription "Albeit macht frei" (Work will set you free)

The interior of the gas chamber

The camp crematorium

Blocks for prisoners, with a fire-control reservoir in the foreground.

The entrance to the yard of the camp jail, where the SS carried out the executions by shooting.

A warning notice inside the camp. Beyond this point, the SS opened fire without warning.

The camp security system-a double row of electrified barb wire and a guard tower.

No comments:

Post a Comment