Send me a card :)

If anyone reading this blog would like to send me a postcard, I would love it. Email me to get my address at: ashdepo@yahoo.com
Touristy postcards that show me your country, or city, or something significant about where you live are my favorite. If you would like one back, email me your address and I will be glad to send you from Minnesota USA as well.

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Washington D.C.

I received all these postcards as a gift from one of the people I have done regular postcard swaps with. 

The United States Capitol. One of the largest and stateliest buildings in the world, the U.S. Capitol is set on a height overlooking the amphitheater of the Potomac. It is 751 feet long, 350 feet wide and covers three and a half acres. The cornerstone of the main building was laid by President Washington in 1793, the central building was finished in 1797.

The Washington Monument is 555 feet 5-1/8th inches in height. It is the tallest structure of mason work in the world.

Manger Hamilton (14th and K Streets NW). 300 rooms, each with private bath, radio and circulating ice water. Home of the popular Purple Tree Lounge, Washington's smartest entertainment spot.

A grateful nation erected to the memory of its first President this marble obelisk 555-foot 5-1/8th inch monument. From the top, one can view the spectacular expanse of Washington and nearby Maryland and Virginia. 15th Street, South of Constitution Ave N.W. 

No comments:

Post a Comment