Send me a card :)

If anyone reading this blog would like to send me a postcard, I would love it. Email me to get my address at: ashdepo@yahoo.com
Touristy postcards that show me your country, or city, or something significant about where you live are my favorite. If you would like one back, email me your address and I will be glad to send you from Minnesota USA as well.

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Saint Paul Capitol Building

The Rotunda of the Minnesota State Capitol. The center of the Capitol is the site of numerous rallies and demonstrations. Visitors can look at the North State inlay in the floor, the Civil War flags and statues, and the dramatic height of the dome with its six-foot crystal chandelier.

The Quadriga- The sculpture "Progress of the State", created by Daniel Chester French and Edward Potter represents the successful cooperation of people and nature. The horses represent earth, wind, fire and water. The female figure represents industry and agriculture. The dramatic appearance of the sculpture is enhanced by gold leaf.

Senate Chamber- Flanked by public spaces, historical murals and statuary, the sixty-seven senators debate and vote on legislation of Minnesotans. The Senate Chamber was restored to its 1905 appearance in 1988.


No comments:

Post a Comment