Send me a card :)

If anyone reading this blog would like to send me a postcard, I would love it. Email me to get my address at: ashdepo@yahoo.com
Touristy postcards that show me your country, or city, or something significant about where you live are my favorite. If you would like one back, email me your address and I will be glad to send you from Minnesota USA as well.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Serbia

I received this postcard through a direct swap on Facebook. The postcard is of The National Theatre and Monument ot Prince Mihailo in Belgrade, which is the capitol of Serbia.

"The building of the National Theatre built in the manner similar to the European building of that time, especially the Scala in Milan, from which the Renaissance conception and decorations were taken. It was opened on October 30th, 1869. The monument to Prince Mihailo is dedicated to Prince Mihailo Obrenovic III, the liberator of Serbia from the Turks in 1867. It was unveiled in 1882."

No comments:

Post a Comment