Send me a card :)

If anyone reading this blog would like to send me a postcard, I would love it. Email me to get my address at: ashdepo@yahoo.com
Touristy postcards that show me your country, or city, or something significant about where you live are my favorite. If you would like one back, email me your address and I will be glad to send you from Minnesota USA as well.

Saturday, December 26, 2015

Polikar Waterfall

Climbing the slopes of Mount Aibga, the hiker will see all natural zones, as the broad-leaved beech and chestnut forests at the foothill gradually change into coniferous forests consisting of Nordmann fir and eastern spruce. Then the conifers yield to forests of crooked birch trees and to sub-alpine meadows. The riot of colour and man-tall grasses give place to thickets of rhododendron. Its branches are so closely interlaced that the hikers have to cut their way through the thicket. And only then you will see this waterfall, which rushes down the ledge in white-foam cascades of water. Above the waterfall, the path enters the zone of alpine verdure, with low herbs and modest flowers as a bridge to the upper layer of eternal snow. On the top of the Aibga cirque no plants grow -only rocks, winds, and clouds flying in the sky above.



No comments:

Post a Comment