Send me a card :)

If anyone reading this blog would like to send me a postcard, I would love it. Email me to get my address at: ashdepo@yahoo.com
Touristy postcards that show me your country, or city, or something significant about where you live are my favorite. If you would like one back, email me your address and I will be glad to send you from Minnesota USA as well.

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Maud Hart Lovelace in Mankato

These next couple postcards I got when I went to Mankato MN in February. They depict places from Maud Hart Lovelace's life and places from the Betsy-Tacy books. To learn more about Betsy-Tacy, please click here.
 
This card above is of Maud Hart and Frances 'Bick' Kenney, "Betsey and Tacy: Circa 1902

This card above depicts Mankato High School. "Deep Valley High School". Located on the corner of Fifth and Hickory Streets. Maud Hart and Frances 'Bick' Kenney graduated from this school in 1910. Fire destroyed the building in 1941. Circa 1910

This card above depicts Betsy's House. 333 Center Street, Mankato Minnesota. The childhood home of Maud Hart Lovelace, author of the Betsy-Tacy books and fictional character of "Betsy".

This card above depicts Tacy's House. 332 Center Street, Mankato, Minnesota. The childhood home of Frances 'Bick' Kenney, fictional character of "Tacy" in the Betsy-Tacy books.

2 comments:

  1. It makes me emotional to see pictures of the real betsy tacy house, and deep valley high school.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Escaping the Coronavirus quarantine by visiting Deep Valley. Thanks for posting the Deep Valley (Mankato) High School.

    ReplyDelete